Saturday, January 30, 2010

Daily Inspiration 1-30-10

"I was thinking of my patients, and how the worst moment for them was when they discovered they were masters of their own fate. It was not a matter of bad or good luck. When they could no longer blame fate, they were in despair."

-- Anais Nin


"Our remedies oft in ourselves do lie
Which we ascribe to heaven."

-- William Shakespeare


It has become the American Way to blame. America is a litigious nation. And it doesn't stop there. We have been trained to find fault and to assign blame and seek "justice." We even blame God, heaven and earth, fate (that mysterious thing), circumstance, the devil, evil spirits and on and on. It seems sometimes with some people that the absolute last place they look to blame is themselves--their own beliefs and thinking. Yet, this is the key place to look first and I found it hard at first to get the hang of that myself. Nonetheless, I have found that it has been the most beneficial of all things I have learned.

I have a sign on my wall from the coaching of Bob Proctor and I repeat it every time I see the sign, which is every day. The sign reads, "I am responsible for my life, for my feelings, and for every result I get." So now, when something is not working well, I seek to find what I've been thinking or have been thinking in the past. Then I can see how the results I've been experiencing came about. Some are challenging to find, because I hide them from myself.

The way I was brought up and so many that I know had similar lives, I was taught very well how to find fault outside of myself for my problems--and that even more important, I had to look outside of myself for the solutions to those problems because they weren't really my fault. I was just a victim in the scheme of things. I learned to first find fault and then affix blame, then seek justice through judgement. That is how the court system works after all.

If I on the other hand, accept responsibility for my thinking, my results and even the solution to my problems, I have no need for blame, just understanding. It's not the high interest rates on credit cards, it is using them as if it were my money. It's not the external thing, but the way I think that creates the problem. Credit cards are neutral. How I choose to use them, creates results. If I choose to follow my thinking to determine where this philosophy came from and how I adopted it, I then can understand and then change the thinking to change the result. In this situation, there is nothing external that will help. It is an inside job as they say.

"Our remedies oft in ourselves do lie
Which we ascribe to heaven."


I Mold Myself Daily By What I Think And Believe.

Spread Some Joy Today--Look at what is happening in your life that you are not pleased about, then look back seriously into your past thinking around that subject. You will find it if you look. Now understand it and resolve it to your satisfaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment