Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Daily Inspiration 1-20-10

"You are a success when you have made friends with your past, are focused on the present, and are optimistic about your future."

-- Zig Ziglar


Success is one of those words that are problematic because it has so many definitions and shades. The vast majority of the definitions I have seen relate to money in one way or another. This is but one of the ways a person can define success. There is so much more.

I have kept my eyes open for a definition of success that I think is simple and that the vast majority of people could get behind. I think I have found one in the quote above from Zig Ziglar.

In so many, myself included, it is the past that has been a problem. Regretting the past is a complete waste of time and counterproductive in the present. Doing this even creates more of the past in the present, thereby repeating it over and over again. Making friends with the past and letting it be what it is without judgment is critical to success I have found.

Focus on the present. There is only today, this moment, one at a time. Enjoying each moment, each day, each experience as we travel where we will is also critical to success I find. Plus it sure makes life worth living! This cannot be possible without making friends with the past, can it? And, I will say this is my favorite part because now I enjoy it all the time every day no matter what is going on. To me, that is so powerful I want to just jump up and down with joy!

Optimism. The glass half full. If we don't have something to live for; to work toward; to have desires to be somewhere, there is pretty much nothing worth living for. Einstein said this: "I think the most important question facing humanity is, 'Is the universe a friendly place'. This is the first and most basic question all people must answer for themselves." What you believe about that says what you believe in the future I think.

Making friends with the past, enjoying and living fully in the present, while looking forward to a bright future--that is motivational to me. How about you?

Of course. . . I really do love this quote too: "The secret of success is making your vocation your vacation." -- Mark Twain. Yeah! That'll work!


I'm Having The Best Time Of My Life Right Now!

Spread Some Joy Today--Look in the mirror. Pretend you're having the best time of your life right now. What would your face look like with that thought and feeling? Ooooo! There it is. . . now wear that all day today!

No comments:

Post a Comment