Monday, January 18, 2010

Daily Inspiration 1-18-10

"We must learn to help those who deserve it, not just those who need it. Life responds to deserve not need."

-- Jim Rohn


I read past this quote many times and then today, as I read it again, it really had new meaning to me. This is the aspect of quotes that I dearly love. Quotes, especially short ones, can be a true catalyst to a new way of looking at something. It's sort of like looking at a map, then seeing the Google Maps satellite view, then street view. It's a whole new view of the same thing.

So I read, "we must learn to help those who deserve it. . ." I think that means that they are the people who are seeking. They are the ones reaching out; wanting; looking for change. To me, they are deserving. They have desire. They are hungry for answers and hungry for improvement. I think we need to help everyone as much as they are willing to be helped who are in that frame of mind, for as long as they desire it. This is service at its finest.

Next is, "not just those who need it." Those who need. . . I think of that sort of like the Bible refers to the poor. Jesus said, "the poor you will always have with you." They need. It is a condition of thinking for most, and for others a way of life. Mike Todd stated that "Being broke is a temporary situation. Being poor is a state of mind." There are a large number of poor people and we have a duty as humans to do what we can to help them.

The last sentence ties it so sweetly together--"Life responds to deserve not need." Wow. Isn't that the truth! The poor get our donations, our leftovers, a bit of our excess. If it is a tax write off, maybe a bit more. But the world responds to deserve. The world responds to people who seek, who open doors, who reach out and who create. The world rushes to their aid and gives them everything they need, even sometimes smoothing the path ahead of them in anticipation of their arrival. And the ones who need, who try so little, who whine and complain, who make the same mistakes over and over again--they get what is left over.

The advice that this quote gives to me is that I have renewed motivation and interest in being deserving rather than needing. I seek everyday. I seek more knowledge, more skill, more ideas, more networking, more partners, more opportunities, more joy, more calmness, more confidence, more life. I share openly, heartily and enthusiastically with those who deserve.

Guess what? If you're reading this, you are deserving!


I Have Great Joy In Being A Deserving Person! There Is No Joy In Being Needy.

Spread Some Joy Today--Open your eyes and your heart to deserving people in your life and share all you have in helping them in every way you can. Do this for large numbers and your reward is off the chart!

No comments:

Post a Comment