Monday, April 22, 2019

Daily Inspiration 4-22-19

"Let me say it again:
The present moment
is all you ever have."

-- Eckhart Tolle




[Classic post from 4-21-17]

I don't normally go to funerals, but a couple of days ago, I went to one. It was an overflow crowd and I arrived shortly after the service began and watched it on a big TV monitor.

There were so many stories of love, appreciation, and humorous insights. It was an open casket, and I barely glanced at him as I went to pay my respects to his wife for many years. There he was in his empty human suit looking somehow inappropriate, but that's just me.

Finally, it was over. There were so many people I did not know at all. The volume there was only the surface of those that this deceased touched, and there were hundreds of more stories of love, appreciation, and humorous insights that went unheard. But, the attention span is short.

And, as I watched others around me, it became really clear, as it has been for me for a long time that if we want to honor a person, speak appreciation, love, and share humorous insights, this place and time was not it.

The time is now. There is only now. We are all on a journey home--to our real home. We may be back in a different human suit, or not, but what matters, and the only thing that matters is now.

I suggest making it a part of your moments to express how you feel about other people that you are on this journey with. Tell them how much you love them. Tell them why. Tell them touching moments that stand out for you. Share your love. Lavish your appreciation on them. Be obsequious. Be bold. Be willing to shout aloud your praises in the moments that we share this living journey. Don't just think it from time to time. Say it. Express it in all manner of ways. Be that love. Be that appreciation.


And, Don't Forget YOU! Yes. YOU!

Spread Some Joy Today--by asking someone, 'have I told you that I love you lately?' Well, now is the time. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment