Friday, April 12, 2019

Daily Inspiration 4-12-19

"It's not love if it hurts." 

-- Chuck Spezzano 




[Classic post from 3-28-17]

I grew up in the 60's, and the popular music of the time that surrounded the idea of love was often a sad affair. The one that stands out and was recorded first by the Everly Brothers and many others long after that was a song called, Love Hurts, written by Felice and Boudleaux Bryant, a famous husband and wife songwriting team.

Some of those lyrics are: "Love hurts. Love scars. Love wounds and marks. Any heart not tough or strong enough to take a lot of pain, Love is like a cloud, it holds a lot of rain. Love hurts. . . Some fools think of happiness, blissfulness, togetherness. Some fools fool themselves, I guess. They're not foolin' me. I know it isn't true. Love is just a lie made to make you blue. Love hurts." 

Of course, I didn't know any better back then based on all those kind of thoughts about love, but I have found the eternal truth about love. Love doesn't hurt. If it hurts, it isn't love.

There is only Love with a capital 'L,' meaning the Love of God, that Love has no agenda, has no demands, has no requirements. That Love is pure joy, pure acceptance, pure empowerment, pure delight. It has no conditions. It simply is. It simply does, and it requires no one to accept it or not accept it. It simply is. We certainly may accept it, and as we do, we are connected with All-That-Is, which is Love. There is no pain here because there are no expectations. It gives freely and requires nothing in return.

All those other loves with the little 'l,' are imaginations and thoughts tied to the ego. They have plenty of expectations. They have plenty of demands, and the biggest is that that love must satisfy them. They expect conformity, passion turned on and off at will, my way or the highway, and thousands more. It feels good sometimes, and much of the time it does not feel good, and in either case, it is not Love. Instead, when it feels good, it can be likened to performance--the occasional matching of desires and expectations, subject to change in a moment without notice.

As we see someone or even think of someone that we say we love and feel pain, we do not love them. As we are feeling a loss, feeling sorry for ourselves, we are in charge of those feelings, and they are not love. Love doesn't feel a loss because Love is never gone. Love is empowering, not disempowering. Love is eternal.

Love does not reject. Love does not harm--ever. Love is freedom, appreciation, and joy. I especially like the word freedom in thinking about Love. It has no agenda that it wants me to follow. I choose as I will, but when it doesn't feel good, it is not Love. When I am in total freedom, I am in Love. As I am in appreciation, I am in Love. As I am in joy, I am in Love.


Think About The Love Of God. If It Doesn't Feel Good And Require Nothing, It Is Not Love, And It Is Not God. 

Spread Some Joy Today--by focusing on the pure Love of God, and as you do, Love like that all those in the world near and far. Feel how it feels to Love without any conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment