Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Daily Inspiration 4-2-19

"Seeking perfection 
is more often than not 
an excuse for procrastination." 

-- Albert K. Strong 




[Classic post from 3-14-17]

We may think that when someone has achieved something we say we want, they did something special or had special help, or some other reason or asset or situation that we lack. We're waiting for something. Not sure what, but we're waiting for it to make the final decision to go. We're thinking about it, hoping for an answer, hoping for some sort of inspiration, enlightenment, energy. We may not even recognize it when it does come because we are not clear in our own desire.

Jack London said on the subject of inspiration: "I don't wait for inspiration. I go after it with a club!" 

Yet, we make it harder than it need be. We don't need perfection to begin. All those thin and healthy-looking people at the gym are that because they are at the gym rather than thinking about going to the gym. I'm clear on that one!

Check out what Abraham, Esther Hicks has to say about getting there:

"The things that we would be asking ourselves is, "What proportion of my day am I in vibrational harmony with my desires, which means, how much of my day am I happy, glad, eager, fulfilled, satisfied, complimentary? And what percentage of my day am I ornery, irritated, frustrated, or blaming?" And you don't have to do 100%, you don't have to do 90%, you don't have to do 80%. If you could even get around 55% feeling better, than not feeling so good--you'd have significant movement in what begins to happen in your experience." 

When I read that I thought, what a great couple of questions to ask. How am I doing? Am I even trying a little? Am I wanting it enough to decide to get going? To try? To give it a shot?

When we think we have to be so ready, we often fail to get going. I can't exercise because I don't have the right outfit, or I want to be positive, but. . ., or how can I have joy with all the crap going on in the world? It's always something! But, really, it's nothing. It's babble. Want or don't want. Do or not do.

Focus here: What is it that I want?

Don't give any attention here: All the rest.

Don't get hung up on how. What is my job. How is God's job. The decision is my job. The inspiration is God's job.


Even As Little More Than Half Is Good. 

Spread Some Joy Today--by cutting some slack on yourself. Find joy by finding what you want and giving as little attention to what you don't want as possible. I know it's a challenge, but from challenge comes decision and growth, from which comes joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment