Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Daily Inspiration 1-9-19

"Everything you are against weakens you. 
Everything you are for empowers you." 

-- Wayne Dyer 




[Classic post from 12-29-14]

It's easy to make a decision that the world needs fixing, but it doesn't. It's easy to see things that are going on somewhere in the world that you don't like or hate or disgust you, but that doesn't mean the world is broken. In fact, if you look for just a little while, you will find plenty to push against; things that you are opposed to, that you may judge as being wrong or bad. But, that is simply a choice of focus.

I went to the grocery store today for some fresh produce and a number of other things. There is a plethora of food in the grocery store. But they also sell poison. In fact, they have plenty of poison for sale. Today I ignored the poison and bought the food, but I felt no need to push against the poison or to tell the store manager to remove it so I could shop in peace. I just had no interest in it.

There were thousands of things in the store that I did not want. There are thousands of things in the store that I probably will never, ever want, and yet I go to the store in comfort knowing that I can choose what I want and freely leave the rest for others to choose if they desire. Next time, I may choose other things, but I have no need to push against anything that I'm not interested in having or using or eating.

If there is something that we feel a strong desire to try to change for whatever reason, we have the option of focusing on that change to take care of it. In other words, by focusing on the solution and not the problem. If I see a problem and I want to solve it, I will never solve it by focusing on the problem. I must focus on a solution.

The contrast of differences is all around us all the time. Pushing against anything unwanted will never change the thing. But, focusing on what we are for and doing what we are inspired to do in that vein, empowers us to make a difference.


Here's To Your Own Empowerment. 

Spread Some Joy Today--by deciding that at least for today, there is absolutely nothing to worry about. Today is Free From Worry Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment