Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Daily Inspiration 1-15-19

"Patience is not just
the ability to wait,
it's how we behave
while we are waiting."

-- Joyce Meyer


[Classic post from 9-14-17]

I've often written about what I call "practicing my patience." That means that I get excited when I have an opportunity to practice it because practice helps me to get better and I need the practice.

Buy why? We might often think that having patience means the willingness to be patient. We all have the ability to wait. We don't all exercise our willingness. So, why would we bother with it? Why do it at all?

The best reason why to me, having learned to practice every chance I get, is how each opportunity brings me peace in the face of chaos. It brings me calm as those around me are anxious. It opens my internal storage shed of love, and it causes me to look at this situation with new eyes.

The next best benefit or reason why is what it does to those around me. To see someone who is calm in chaos, peaceful while surrounded by anxiety is inspiring. As I become peaceful and calm, without saying anything at all I give permission to all those around me through my own vibrational stance to do the same. If they choose. I cannot choose for them, but they can be inspired to a new choice as they allow that to be.

So, I love the quote by Joyce Meyer because of the last portion of the sentence: "it's how we behave while we're waiting." That is our example. That is our being. That is our presence.


Peace Is Always Available Within. 

Spread Some Joy Today--by finding more ways to enjoy your day regardless of circumstances, events, or what others choose for themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment