Friday, November 9, 2018

Daily Inspiration 11-9-18

"Prosperity is not without 
many fears and distastes, 
and adversity is not without 
comforts and hopes." 

-- Francis Bacon 




[Classic post from 10-2-14]

Having been observant in business and many businesses without necessarily a specific notion in mind, I have noticed something about planning that caused me to write down this phrase the other day: What if it works?

Sometimes I have seen businesses planning for problems, creating fall-back positions and what they will do if it doesn't work out. Maybe they are venturing into something new, or at least something a little off the path. If they take these steps, can they cancel effectively and get back to safety? I've seen many businesses grow in this way because they actually did venture out. And, I've also seen how quickly some will turn and leave before the opportunity had a chance.

So, it seemed to me logical that it would only be fair to put at least as much energy into what if it works, then what if it doesn't. Do many plan for success? What issues will need to be dealt with when it is successful? How will expansion happen?

My favorite quote of all time reminds me of this. It is by William Shakespeare. "There is a tide in the affairs of men when taken at the flood leads on to fortune." Of course tides ebb, but they also flow. It seems rather smart to prepare for both.


What If It Works? What Then? 

Spread Some Joy Today--by finding joy in your commute to and from work, or while going from one errand to the other. People do the strangest things while behind the wheel of a car. I'm smiling and laughing a good deal of the time--especially around town.

No comments:

Post a Comment