Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Daily Inspiration 11-27-18

"If you judge, 
investigate." 

-- Seneca 




[Classic post from 10-28-14]

Maybe you've heard someone say, or maybe you've said to someone, "they have a bad marriage," or "that was a bad business decision," or "their behavior is so bad," or "he has a bad temper," or "that was a bad move," or "what a bad choice that was," or "business is so bad," and hundreds more.

Questions: Was it really bad? Was it all bad? What specifically was bad about it?

I had a thought the other day and wrote it down. It was this: What is good about bad? What is right about wrong? What was fantastic in the terrible?

In yesterday's sharing, I mentioned learning from Anthony Robbins and his book, Awaken the Giant Within. I know this is where my idea the other day came from. It comes from page 201 in the hardcover volume that he calls The Problem-Solving Questions. There are five of them, but I only want to focus on number one right now. That question is, "What is great about this problem?" This led me to ask, "what is good about bad?"

So, what is good about bad? It is impossible that anything is all bad, or all good for that matter, so there have to be things that are good about bad. The life-changing key to asking these kinds of questions is a renewed and more whole perspective of life in general.

Let's try a few. Let's say you're broke and you're barely getting by and all you can think of is how little you have and how much you want some more money. I've been there and know that feeling. It sucks. Big time. So, what is good about this? You might scream, "nothing is good about that." But, that isn't true, so let me ask, "if there could be something good about it, what might it be?"

Some possibilities: you always wanted to know what it was like to be broke and now you're experiencing it for real. Or, now that you are here, there is only better from this point." Or, look how much I have learned about what not to do about money, so I am going to make a list of better choices so that I need not experience this again. Or, I'm seeing now how my lack-mentality or lack-thoughts have brought me to this place. Now I can change those thoughts to prosperous thoughts and draw more from the world of abundance. There are a long list of positive aspects that can be seen if one only takes the chance to open up and look.

Whatever the problem is, whatever is perceived as bad, or wrong, find the wherewithal to ask Anthony's question number one: What is great about this problem. Or what is good about this bad? Everything is perception and perception is one of the most malleable things in our life. It is as easily changed as we allow it to be.


"Questions Change The Resources Available To Us." -- Anthony Robbins 

Spread Some Joy Today--by asking good questions. What is great about today? How does that make me feel?

No comments:

Post a Comment