Thursday, November 8, 2018

Daily Inspiration 11-8-18

"Self-talk reflects your innermost feelings." 

-- Dr. Asa Don Brown 




[Classic post from 10-1-14]

A couple of days ago, I quoted Dr. John F. Demartini from his book, The Breakthrough Experience. I've read most of his books and have enjoyed each. And though I've read a lot of books in general, it is often going back to them again for whatever motivation causes me to reopen it, and therein I find another diamond, another blessing, another enthusiastic morsel that inspires me in some way. That happened again today.

Since taking quotes out of this book, I still had it out and decided to read bits here and there near where I borrowed the quotes. Here I found a short section titled, I Am Worthy of Love. He tells a story of an AIDS patient who was given a couple of weeks to live and Dr. Demartini held his hands and told him over and over this phrase: "No matter what you have done or not done, you are worthy of love." He got the patient saying it over and over until his heart opened and he began loving himself.

So, this morning I went for a walk with Charlie and all along the walk I repeated in my head, "No matter what I have done or not done, I am worthy of love." I must have said it a couple hundred times at least. Then, as someone else was walking by, I would say in my mind to them, "No matter what you have done or not done, you are worthy of love," repeating it several times, then returning to the first person and myself.

This was a gem of a bit from this book for me and I know that I am not alone in that I've had some things in my life that I would rather not share, that I haven't felt good about and have long ago buried them hoping to never think of them again. This simple little phrase has such power in it and it is the perfect thing to repeat in my self-talk and I am going to have fun with it for a long time to come.

Try saying it to yourself: "No matter what I have done or not done, I am worthy of love. No matter what I have done or not done, I am worthy of love. No matter what I have done or not done, I am worthy of love."

Then, practice saying it to special people who have passed on. I found myself saying it to my late wife, my mother, and father, sister, people I've worked for in the past, and more. I said, "No matter what you have done or not done, you are worthy of love. No matter what you have done or not done, you are worthy of love." Now I believe they are in a place of total love and so they don't really need this from me, but I felt a need to say it to them to release any tidbit I was not letting go of.

As well, say it to those you come into contact with everyday--strangers, co-workers, bosses, vendors, relatives, you name it. Say, "No matter what you have done or not done, you are worthy of love." You know, a side benefit is that while you are doing this, there is little or no room left in your mind for negative self-talk. How cool is that?

There is a certain peace in actually doing this. No one needs to know you're doing it, and that is perfect. It creates a warmth and peace in your communications with them, and expands your love for yourself at the same time.


It's Such A Simple Thing To Do With Huge Benefits. 

Spread Some Joy Today--and by doing any of this above, joy will be spread.

No comments:

Post a Comment