Sunday, November 11, 2018

Daily Inspiration 11-11-18

"Try to be a rainbow 
in someone's cloud." 

-- Maya Angelou 




[Classic post from 10-4-14]

When you are looking at clear blue sunny skies and feeling good, it will change. No need to worry, it's normal and natural. In nature, blue sunny skies develop clouds and rain. It's a wonderful thing and personally, I look forward to the changes no matter what they are because it is changing.

Some people are feeling the clouds and maybe they are even dark clouds and rain is being threatened. In these situations, they often remember the clear blue skies of another time and how they wish they were there right now. And, even though they have the power not believing as they are at this moment, we can all be benefactors in being a rainbow in other people's clouds.

This doesn't mean that we join them in their cloud, but that we send the color of hope and better feelings with our intentions and our expressed love. We don't even have to be in the same city, state, or even the same country because thoughts and love are universal exchanges that travel light years in moments.

If you know someone is hurting a bit and though there may be great distances between you, close your eyes and think of them and lavish love and well being on them. No need to expect anything except that they somehow will receive it. That's it. It requires no more. Reach out and intend those loving thoughts on those who need them now.

At the same time, we can be a rainbow in our own clouds. No need to wait and hope someone will come and give us love. Alan Cohen offers a great phrase: "If you can't be with the one you love, be the one you love." Reminds me of a twist to a Crosby, Stills and Nash song from the 70s. Or was it the 60s?

How do you do that? Well, I have my ways and maybe they will help a little. First, I love movies, but when I feel clouds in my space, pretty much any movie by Nora Ephron will cheer me right up. I don't even have to be very down, but just feeling like I need a little pick-me-up. Tonight I watched My Blue Heaven one more time and laughed and smiled the whole way through. That put me right back where I'm feeling great again.

You can be the rainbow in other people's clouds and you can be the rainbow in your own cloud. All you have to do is care enough to offer up some loving thoughts for them and for yourself.


Embrace Your Opportunity To Be Of Service. 

Spread Some Joy Today--Keep a short list of things that make you laugh and make use of the list when you need it. Or, maybe you just want it. Either is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment