Friday, July 8, 2016

Daily Inspiration 7-8-16

"T.G.I.F. 
(Thanks Giving Is Influential!)" 

-- Terry Minion 



Giving thanks is to be in appreciation of someone or something, and since appreciation is the same vibration as love, we might as well say that we are giving love by giving thanks.

Abraham, Esther Hicks says that "the greatest gift that you could give to anyone you love is the gift of positive expectation." But, really, are there those that we love and those that we don't love? Are there those that we would give thanks for and those that we would offer no thanks for? No matter where I look, everything comes back to love.

A friend responded to my post yesterday, by saying that it is much more challenging to be an encourager or to be in appreciation of a boss who rules through threats and intimidation. My response is that love is the most powerful force in the Universe.

Think about that for a moment. The ones we love and the ones we don't love. But the ones we don't love are simply the ones we don't know well enough. Every human on this planet came from the same Energy. We are made of the same Energy. We may use that Energy in varying ways, but it is still the same Energy in the end.

But, here's a more fun way to go about looking at those who we don't love. Let's love them anyway. I love how Johann Wolfgang von Goethe said, "If I love you, what business is it of yours?"

A long time ago, a friend of mine taught me the meaning of loving someone who appears to not care, or seems to reject it, or acts in an intimidating way. He just loved them. He told them so. He wouldn't accept anything else for himself. And, even one of the most tenacious of seemingly negative people, was overcome by that love. Though he maintained a certain facade of an impenetrable wall, I could see through the new gaping cracks myself. It was one of the most powerful things I've ever seen demonstrated. He is that way too. He simply loves people, appreciates them, is interested in them and he expresses that with his entire being.

What I think is the most effective and useful is simply allowing others to be what they choose for themselves without my needing to control any of it. Whenever I try to control anything in another person, I find no success and no satisfaction either. It is a waste of time and energy. Yet to allow is not so much a letting go of our own beliefs, desires, preferences. It is really taking ownership of them. These are my beliefs and preferences, and you have yours, and I can appreciate the ying and that yang, this way and that. There is no one truth, they are all truth.

So, the message today is just this: it might be good to check our not loving list from time to time and do some purposeful allowing. Like many other things, practice is helpful. The more we love the more capacity we have to love. The more we love the so-called unlovable, the more capacity we have to love the so-called lovable. And, besides, what is love really when it has any of our expectations attached to it? It isn't love then, is it? The only love that really matters is that love that is freely and openly given without any conditions at all. It truly is none of their business. It is all my business.


I Love Thee. I Love Thee Not. NOT? I Love Thee. 

Spread Some Joy Today--by allowing yourself and others the freedom to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment