Saturday, January 23, 2016

Daily Inspiration 1-23-16

"There are no blocks. 
Just distractions."

-- Alan Cohen 



Have you ever felt stuck? Or maybe stuck is too strong a word. How about being in a rut? Feeling a bit listless? Have you ever been confused about what you want, feeling like you can't put your finger on the pulse of that right now? As Alan Cohen says, those are all just distractions.

Another word I borrowed from Abraham, Esther Hicks that I like to use now is contrast. It's just contrast. And, contrast is there to help us determine what's next for us. It might feel like being stuck, listless, confused, blocked, and many more ways of expressing our feelings, and all of it would be considered contrast.

Abraham has a great way to describe this: "Have you heard the expression, "We're either growing or we're dying?" Well, what they're saying is, "You can't stand still." We are either giving our attention to where we're going or we're giving attention to where we've been or we're giving our attention to where we are, but in any case, wherever we're giving our attention is our vibration, and the Universe is matching it." 

Recently I was feeling some of these things, and my thoughts were going round and round and round and seemed to be in a loop of repetition. I finally got the courage to express them to a friend and there was something special about saying those thoughts out loud. I could hear them myself, and feel the vibration in my body. And though I didn't want to burden my friend, I was so thankful (and said so) for that opportunity because within a couple of hours, I felt back on track. I can't even explain exactly how that happened, but I wasn't stuck anymore. I knew what I wanted, when before I was confused. 

There is something very special about knowing what you want and making a decision to travel toward that. Contrast is of great benefit to help us realize that we are wanting not that, but we want something else. We may not know what that is right away, but it will come. I think expressing it other than just thinking about it ourselves is helpful. Whether we say it aloud to someone else, or write it down, or say it aloud as if we're talking to the Universe or God in the privacy of our own room, anything that helps us come to the realization and conclusion of what we really want is helpful.


Once Back On Track, The Relief Is Incredible. 

Spread Some Joy Today--by looking for better feeling thoughts throughout the day.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Terry! Some days, you find EXACTLY what you need to hear!!

    ReplyDelete