Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Daily Inspiration 1-13-16

"To be yourself in a world that is 
constantly trying to make you something else 
is the greatest accomplishment." 

-- Ralph Waldo Emerson 



Rob Liano says it this way: "Self respect, self worth and self love, all start with self. Stop looking outside of yourself for your value."

I've heard it said that it is impossible to not be yourself for that is what you are and you can be nothing else. That would be said by someone who doesn't really understand what Ralph Waldo Emerson is saying so aptly.

Taylor Swift says it this way: "Happiness and confidence are the prettiest things you can wear." 

Ralph Waldo Emerson in another way says this: "The sower may mistake and sow his peas crookedly: The peas make no mistake, but come up and show his line." Of course, we can see this has also to do with cause and effect, but I think it has more to do with being okay at being yourself.

Then Alan Cohen cools it off by saying, "Does it really have to be a problem?" And, the answer is, of course, no it doesn't, but it also is and has been to many.

It came to me this morning what being myself is all about. It is about trust, trusting myself, trusting in myself, trusting my value, trusting my worthiness, trusting that God created me with a distinct purpose and that my path was ordained in that way, knowing that I get to choose on my own to trust or not to trust.

I think this idea of trust is very powerful. When we allow ourselves to trust in our value and our worthiness, we immediately have confidence. At the same time, applying something I talked about a few days ago by seeing others with God's eyes as much as we can, where we see ourselves as no better or worse than any other, although we are different from one another, and that difference is our uniqueness and our uniqueness is ourselves--the real self.

Our real value has nothing at all to do with external circumstances, whether our row is straight, whether we are considered successful or unsuccessful by others. In fact, it has nothing whatsoever to do with what any other thinks of us. It has only to do with what God thinks of us and what we think of ourselves. If you believe in a loving God, then that part is a given, the rest is up to us.


Rejoice In Yourself. You Rock. Believe It. Trust. 

Spread Some Joy Today--by letting that real you further out into the light of day, and the light of joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment