Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Daily Inspiration 11-3-15

"Today, no matter where I am going, 
and no matter what I am doing, 
it is my dominant intent 
to see that which I am wanting to see." 

-- Abraham, Esther Hicks 



The above quote has been on a poster on my wall in my office for several years. It is a wonderful affirmation to start each day.

After yesterday's post and several very positive responses to it, I thought that it would be appropriate to linger on one idea expressed in it today. That idea is that we are in charge of our thinking and we are in charge of our actions, and as we change, the world around us does as well.

I would like to modify the above quote ever so slightly, yet ever so effectively for my purpose by restating it this way: "Today, no matter where I am going, and no matter what I am doing, it is my dominant intent to BE that which I am wanting to see."

As I ended yesterday, by giving unconditional love, I am experiencing unconditional love, and even better, I am teaching unconditional love, sharing it and spreading it, and living it. I am then, unconditional love.

Gandhi is quoted as saying, "If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change. As a man changes his own nature, so does the attitude of the world change towards him." He added, "we need not wait to see what others do."

I was talking with a salesman at a dealership, and in the last many weeks they have been going through an upheaval of change with people being fired, and an entirely new management team, and much more. (How many times I have seen this!) He was at a loss as to what to do because it is a process in motion and he is unclear about his future role.

I watched a movie last night where the guy said, "I don't like my job, but it is steady, and I hate my boss."

Drama is unfolding all around us. We often get caught up in it and react to it with anger, frustration, powerlessness. Yet, we don't need to wait to see what others do, and we need not wait to live according to the ideals that we want to see in others.

Instead of disappointment or despair seeing what others are doing, or how others are acting out their roles, whether in business environments or in our family lives, if we really want that to change, the only reliable change must come from within. Viktor Frankl said, "When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves."

If we want to have love in our lives, we need to give love, express love. In giving love, we are love, and when we are love, that love is multiplied. If we want peace, we need to exude peace, or we need to become peaceful. In doing so we become peace. If we want a kind and gentler boss, we need to become that kinder and gentler employee. If we want to have a better team, we need to become that better team member within ourselves. If we want a happier, more fulfilling life, we need to become that happier, more fulfilled person within. Then all of these things become without, or they change the environment around us. 

We need to become the person that we expect others to be toward us. We need to be what we expect to see in the world. We need to see in the world as we want to see it, situations the way we want to see them, other people to be the way we want to see them, and as we look for the qualities that we want to see, we automatically change to become more like a person with those qualities and then everything around us changes according to our vision and more importantly, our inner change.


I AM The Change I Want To See In The World. 

Spread Some Joy Today--by becoming joyful. It's easy. It requires no effort. Just let go of the rope.

No comments:

Post a Comment