Thursday, November 26, 2015

Daily Inspiration 11-26-15

"Though I may not always succeed initially, 
I intend to practice what I preach 
and do my best to lead by example." 

-- Terry Minion 



Good day to you! It is Thanksgiving Day in this part of the world, and so it is completely appropriate to do just that: Give Thanks.

Yesterday, I shared some quotes from Jeffrey Gitomer about changing things up and thanking ourselves first by finding those things about us that we appreciate, can sing about, be proud of, and love about ourselves. From that foundation, we can be more sincere in our appreciation of others. So, I will lead by example.

Here is a list of things, attributes that I appreciate about myself that I give thanks for and celebrate today:

  • I celebrate my sense of humor. I love to laugh, and I've even learned to laugh at myself. I love being around people who help me to laugh. 
  • I am grateful for my desire and appreciation of learning. I am constantly learning and I think this is one of my greatest assets. 
  • My willingness to invest in myself. Since I was about 21 years old, I have constantly invested in myself and my personal development. 
  • I celebrate my willingness to try things and to choose the things I try. I am willing to learn how after I begin doing it anyway. 
  • I completely delight in my desire and practice at being an unconditional lover. I have always loved, but it used to have conditions. Now, I love mostly without any conditions. That alone has changed my life forever. 
  • I'm happy about my willingness to share; to teach. This has become my life's "work." 
  • I appreciate my work ethic. It is amazing what I am willing to do when I am delightfully and/or intensely focused on an objective. 
  • I love with an open heart. I can still remember the day in my kitchen when that change happened within me. The Holy Spirit softened my heart to never be the same again. Now I cry at the drop of a hat and mostly about the good things that happen and the spirit in others. 
  • I appreciate my ever-expanding spirituality, and one thing interesting about this is that I now appreciate my body more than I have before as a direct result of stepping outside of it. 

There's my shortlist. I haven't really focused on gratitude about myself like that, but it is a powerful and enchanting process. I hope you try it yourself and see how it causes you to feel or see yourself. 

And, now, I am so thankful for all of you. Thank you for subscribing, for reading, for skimming, for allowing me to share and perhaps touch a resonant chord within you. I am so blessed by those who share with me and so I know how that can feel when it really hits home. Thank you for being a part of my life, however long or short. It is my delight to share and I grow by doing just that. I haven't got a clue how many people read these things I've done daily since September 2009, but I know they are all over the planet. I am blessed by all of you.

I give you my love and my best intentions for your day today and your life as you grow. I celebrate you.

Happy Giving Thanks To YOU! 

Spread Some Joy Today--and every day.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Terry, Chris Takacs here. I hope all is well. I miss talking to you and I often think of how much of a mentor you were to me at New Hope. Thanks for being a non-judgmental, true example of what a Christian should be. At a time when I needed it. Take care, give me a call sometime. Same number if you still have it. Same email too. Take care Brother

    ReplyDelete