Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Daily Inspiration 4-8-15

"The most valuable possession
you can own
is an open heart. 
The most powerful weapon 
you can be 
is an instrument of peace." 

-- Carlos Santana 



I am a work in progress. Except it is better to say a play in progress, because who likes work?

I had a dream early this morning, and in it, I was asked, "why are you so happy?" The answer is easy and I can put it in one short sentence: I let go of the rope.

That's it. I just let go of the struggle, the concerns, the worries. Abraham says that "Worrying is using your imagination to create something you don't want." Wow. Isn't that spot on!

Yet, to define it just a bit more, I've made peace with where I am. This quote by Abraham, Esther Hicks spells it out accurately: "When we say to you, make peace with where you are, we want you to make peace with where everyone is; we want you to make peace with the world events; we want you to make peace with where your friend is in relationship with where your friend wants to be. We want it to be all right with you where anybody is."

This last paragraph is easily one of the most powerful things I have ever learned. I make peace with where I am, wherever I am, doing what I do. I have become an allower. It is what I came here to learn and to teach: Allow people and circumstances to be what they are without any concern that I need to join them where they are. I choose what I focus on, and allow them to do the same. This is also the same thing as unconditional love.

As a result of these things, I have a different view of the world around me. I don't plug into things like I used to. I don't pay any attention to what is going on in the world, or what other people are upset about. I don't join groups that fight things. I do my best not to push against anything at all. I simply refuse to participate in things that are all about resistance. I don't talk about illness or diseases, or terrorism, or politics of any kind, or religion even. I'm not blind to the news, but I pay no real attention to it. Getting upset about anything doesn't serve me at all. So, I just let all that be and let others get as upset as they choose, and I am okay with all of that.

Yet, the number one thing that has caused me to seem so happy is that I've changed my entire idea and definition of success. It used to be something that I thought was all about money or lining up with a certain number. I used to chase it everywhere I went, then I simply changed my definition and now allow success to wash over me. My definition now matches this Abraham, Esther Hicks statement: 

"The standard of success in life isn't the things. It isn't the money or the stuff. It is absolutely the amount of joy that you feel."

I've now had more joy in my life in the last 5 years than all of the 60 years previous to that. I see no end to it and it is expanding, becoming more joyous all the time. There are thousands of levels of joy. I'm tasting them all.

To recap, why am I so happy: 1. I changed my definition of success in life. What is important. What I want most. It is joy. 2. I let go of the rope. I don't worry or fret much at all about anything. and, 3. I allow others, the world, circumstances, and events to be what they are. I allow others to choose whatever they choose without me being concerned about their choices. I've made peace with where I am and with the world.


Oh, And One More: I Practice It Every Single Day, All Day Long. It Is Joy To Simply Practice These Things. 

Spread Some Joy Today--by deciding that joy is important to you. Choose what you will. I choose joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment