Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Daily Inspiration 4-14-15

"God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. 
Have you used one to say "thank you?" 

-- William A Ward 



A client called me on the phone today. She asked how I was in the first part of our communication. I said, "I'm off the chart!" She paused with a giggle, then said, "Wow. That's wonderful." It's not a gimmick. I am off the chart today. And, the best reason I suppose is that I like that and want more of it. Why would I keep that joy to myself with some bland, and boring answer like, "I'm good, how are you?"

I'm going to be speaking to a group of young people this Saturday, and as I was thinking of that, I wondered what wisdom I might offer. It was really clear to me. It is appreciation. It is being grateful for everything. It doesn't matter if it feels good at the moment or feels bad, but be grateful for everything. And, everyone. One of the Bible passages that have always stuck with is 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18: "Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

Rejoice always. Pray without ceasing. In everything give thanks. I tell you that this one idea has brought me infinite amounts of joy. As I grasp it more and practice it more, I am a changed man living in a state of appreciation, or constant rejoicing. As I am there, I am praying without ceasing, meaning that I am unceasingly appreciating my connection to Source for all that I am experiencing. As I accept the grace and ease of this, all having been provided by the Universe, I can do nothing else but give thanks, for all has come on my behalf. I ask it is given, and I allow it.

If you wanted to try something that would change you like this, you don't have to start a blog. Simply open your spiral Book of Positive Aspects and turn to a blank page and start thinking about someone and thanking them. It doesn't even matter if they hear it or read it. The benefit is more yours than theirs anyway.


"Gratitude Makes Sense Of Our Past, Brings Peace For Today, And Creates A Vision For Tomorrow." -- Melody Beattie 

Spread Some Joy Today--by taking the time to recognize and share your gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment