Sunday, March 29, 2015

Daily Inspiration 3-29-15

"What is the difference
between a moment and 25 years? 

Space. 

A moment can have a lifetime of significance." 

-- Albert K. Strong 



I am learning many things every single day, and sometimes something that I learned becomes so apparent to me that it becomes a "moment of significance." It gets my attention. It is an "ah-ha" experience. I think, "of course!" And, another one of those moments of significance happened today. 

I learned it from my dog, Charlie. It's amazing what he can teach me without using any words.

I got up to go in the other room with an intention of kicking back in the alternate recliner chair (since Charlie has taken over mine) for a little nap or imagining session. As I got up, I see his face and his eyes looking at me. He's just too cute. So I gave him a little pat on the head and turned to go. Then, I looked again, and instead of going to the other room, I wheeled a chair over to the recliner and gave him some totally focused attention and love.

It's not the kind of thing you do for hours. A few focused minutes works very effectively, and I could see how much he appreciated it. But, you know I didn't really do it for him. I did it for me. That was the lesson.

I'm a loving guy. I've known this for a long, long time. Yet, I can always be more loving. As I flashed on that moment, I thought how many moments exactly like that were passed by with Nancy. It's not that I'm beating myself up at all about any of that, it is simply a lesson that I get to choose those moments, and I could have chosen so many more, and those moments of significance would have built a reservoir of loving affection in both of us.

Nancy would have so enjoyed more of that as any person would getting focused attention and loving appreciation. Now, of course, I did do this, but I could have done it more often. That would be so nice, yet the ultimate benefit is how I feel by making that choice, taking that time, offering that affection and quality focus, and the more often I do this, the better I feel, and the grander my love grows.

To think how many times I cheated myself by being focused on less significant moments, and often mundane wastes of time and energy. Being in a hurry to do something not really important. Again, I don't feel bad about any of the moments I missed, I'm only acknowledging that they could have been better, but it was what it was, and I was what and who I was then.

I am more now. More appreciative. More loving. More of who I really am. More in alignment with the Source within me. I spend far more time in the present. I am also less now. I am less focused on the things I feel that I have to do. I am less focused on time. I spend less time seeing faults. I spend almost no time worrying about anything.


Step One: Notice Significant Moments. 
Step Two: Be Present With Them. 

Spread Some Joy Today--by giving people your undivided attention. Even a few moments makes all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment