Monday, March 2, 2015

Daily Inspiration 3-2-15

"When you want something
and you believe in opposition to it, 
your opposite belief will prevent
what you want from happening. 
When you want something 
and you believe it, 
there's no separation; 
you are offering one signal, 
and the Law of Attraction 
will bring it to you now." 

-- Abraham, Esther Hicks 


Many years ago, I listened to a talk about how beliefs rule our lives. He called them legs of a table, and those legs are strong, and they will support the table and the table is our lives being lived. Everyone has beliefs, some stronger beliefs than others, so some tables are more steady than others, and so on.

I had heard and read a number of things about beliefs, and so the way he explained that it made sense to me from what I was reading, and from my view of life around me at that time.

The message from this talk and other readings was that beliefs were like your core knowledge and they were strong and steady truths that we hold to or ignore, but there they are to lean on when we need to. In other words, they were more like DNA where you were born with them, the way you were brought up and you learned them from your parents who gave you your DNA and they were cast and to escape them was extremely difficult.



It's funny how knowledge changes your view, and this description has in recent years become old school.

The most important thing that I have learned about beliefs came from Abraham, Esther Hicks: "The most powerful premise that we want to activate within you, that, we promise you, will serve you for all of the days of your life is: A belief is only a thought I keep thinking. A belief is only a thought I continue to think. A belief is only my habit of thought; it's only a practiced thought--a belief is only a thought that I think a lot." 

I used to believe that beliefs were static, rarely change, if ever, and here I was presented with the idea that beliefs were fluid, flexible, malleable, easily changed, only as strong as my continued thoughts allowed it to be.

Why is this important? Here's why from Abraham: "When you want something and you doubt it--when you want it and you don't believe it--now you're offering opposing Vibrations, and you can hold yourself in that holding pattern all of the days of your life.

"I want it but. . ."; "I want it but. . ."; "It'd be nice, but it doesn't happen for me"; "I would really like to have that, but I've wanted it for so long. . ." When you keep saying those things, when you continue to face reality, when you beat the drum of what-is, when you beat the drum of what-is--you hold active within yourself a Vibrational pattern. (A belief is only a thought you keep thinking.)

A belief is only a thought that you keep thinking--and it is only the beliefs that you hold that keep you from the things that you want. A belief is only a thought that you keep thinking. And the only thing that keeps you from who-you-really-are and what you really want is a belief, which is only a thought that you keep thinking. 

So if a belief is only a thought that I keep thinking, and I keep thinking a thought that is in opposition to what I want--then the reason I don't get what I want is because I keep thinking a thought that's in opposition to what I want." 

Why does this matter to me? Because I am empowered by it. Before it was just someone saying what they believed, but now I have useful knowledge, helpful knowledge that I can put to use to help me have the life that I really want instead of the life I've been getting. Instead of it being done to me and I have to find ways to deal with it, I can take control myself and change my life by changing my thoughts.



It means, instead of illness happening to me; instead of depression happening to me; instead of getting fired or losing my job happening to me; instead of being evicted happening to me; instead of being ripped off happening to me; instead of not having enough money or being broke happening to me; instead of all those things that used to 'happen' to me, come upon me, being dealt a bad hand, being in the wrong place at the wrong time, instead of attracting the wrong people, and a myriad of things that don't work out for me, I have the knowledge and the power to change all of that for the rest of my life by simply choosing different, more empowering thoughts, thinking them often and having them become my new in-alignment, self-empowered, righteously matching what I want not what I don't want beliefs.

That's why! We really are what we believe, and now I know that I can believe what I choose to believe. And, I choose to believe the things that help me find joy. I love learning this, and I was ready, even at my age. It's never too late to learn. It's never too late to change, or change direction. I can do it NOW.


Since A Belief Is Simply A Thought We Keep Thinking, It May Be Time To Get A New Thought . . .

Spread Some Joy Today--by believing what you choose to believe and what you are choosing feels like joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment