Thursday, December 11, 2014

Daily Inspiration 12-11-14

"Man is buffeted by circumstances 
so long as he believes himself 
to be the creature of outside conditions,

but when he realizes that he is a creative power, 
and that he may command the hidden soil 
and seeds of his being out of which circumstances grow;

he then becomes the rightful master of himself."

-- James Allen, 
As A Man Thinketh


The powerful messages of this book continue to excite me. As I was on a walk a few days ago, I recalled something my ex-wife said to me many years ago. She said, "If you ever truly start believing in yourself, there will be no stopping you." I never forgot that moment. You see, I thought I believed in myself then, but it was obvious to her that I was just putting on a show, yet she could see enough to see that the power was there waiting for direction and focus. That was 30 years ago. . .

The time has finally come all this time later and even though I took my time, I am so grateful for that remark. To me, it was a huge encouragement and I have remembered it many times through the years--not ignoring it, but thinking about it.

The truth is that I didn't really know what believing in myself really meant. Hell, I taught it every day as a sales manager and I was going through the motions, but it took until a little over seven years ago to finally cross the threshold and go for it. Though I am learning more every day, I think I really get it now and in that, I can be a more effective teacher as well.

"Man is buffeted by circumstances so long as he believes himself to be the creature of outside conditions. . ." I sigh a relief of having passed this on to understanding so clearly now that I wonder how I believed the old way. I look around and see so many who complain of circumstances which are controlling their lives and I see myself. It was always something, you know. Always somebody in the way, somebody's attitude, the boss, the weather, the stock market, the interest rates, gas prices, strikes, whatever. No more.

". . . BUT! WHEN HE REALIZES THAT HE IS A CREATIVE POWER, and that he may command the hidden soil and seeds of his being out of which circumstances grow. . ." So here's the line that does it. Get a strong understanding of this line and you too will believe in yourself. You have such awesome power to control and create circumstance.

The good news about that is that you can choose what to create! You have control! You have the power! I guarantee that understanding will rock your world! You will make decisions that you have never had the courage to do before. You will open the floodgates of your creative thinking and the world will never be the same. Does one person have power? How about Abe Lincoln? Theodore Roosevelt? Bill Gates? Andrew Carnegie? Absolutely they have the power and you have the same exact power. They just believed.

". . . he then becomes the rightful master of himself." Amen and amen. I wish that for you--even if it takes you 30 years. . .

You are an awesome creation. Go rock the world! TODAY!


Have an awesome World Rocking day!

Spread some joy today--smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment