Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Daily Inspiration 7-8-14

"Yesterday I was clever, 
so I wanted to change the world. 
Today I am wise, 
so I am changing myself." 

-- Rumi 


Yesterday, I got to see a wonderful friend who lives far away for a few hours. We have both been associated with the car business for a lot of years, and I mentioned that when I first got into the business and saw what it was like and the reputation that it had, I made it my personal goal to do what I could to change that.

Everything that I did to change it for the better went unnoticed by the car business. Though it may have been what some call a worthy cause, I found it to be an impossible dream.

It was only after I dropped my clever ideals of changing the world and focused on changing myself that I decided that I could have what I originally wanted, except on a much smaller scale. I could change me and affect those near me, and that is what I did the best job I could at, and feel in looking back over 40 years as having achieved success in this.

Now, I don't try to change anyone. That isn't my job. My job is to change me when that is needed. I can succeed at that. This doesn't mean that I don't have an influence on others. I do. I have. I will. That influence comes from my own changes and my own growth. I teach what I know and what I want to learn. The rest is up to them.


Regardless Of The Size Of The Audience, Our Real Power Is Leading By Example. 

Spread Some Joy Today--by letting your heart lead your brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment