Thursday, July 17, 2014

Daily Inspiration 7-17-14

"Habit is habit, and not to be
flung out of the window by any man,
but coaxed down-stairs one step at a time."

-- Mark Twain



Yesterday, I heard myself saying something about a business and its leader that after it fell out of my mouth, a few minutes later upon reflection of what I said, I wrote down on my notepad this remark: Stop that!

Knowing how I want to be can help me to become that and yet as Margaret Atwood said so well, "Every habit he's ever had is still there in his body, lying dormant like flowers in the desert. Given the right conditions, all his old addictions would burst into full and luxuriant bloom."

The big advantage for me now is that I am paying attention to what comes out of my mouth and how I feel about that, and this helps me to make choices from my thoughts of what actually comes out of my mouth. There is a substantial improvement over years past, yet the habits remain and from time to time become vocalized.

What to do? Realize the progress, feel good about the awareness, bless it and let it go, and live to enjoy another day.


Sometimes The More I Think I Know Something, The Less I Really Know.

Spread Some Joy Today--Bless it and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment