Monday, August 5, 2013

Daily Inspiration 8-5-13

Special Note To CTS Daily Inspiration Readers:

First of all, THANK YOU for being a reader and thank you for all the wonderful comments that I've received over the last four years.

It has been suggested by many people that I create a book out of the CTS Daily Inspirations. I had mixed feelings about this. As people have continued to make the suggestion of the book, I had an idea that I think would make this an interesting and unique book. If many of you who are readers, have been touched by one or more of the inspirational messages, wrote about what inspirations inspired you, encouraged change and growth and generally how they affected you in a positive uplifting way, I would gather these into what I think would be an interesting and powerful book. If you are interested, please send them to me in an email to tminion@commercialtrucksuccess.com. I will include this message for about one month so that all can see it. Feel free to send as many as you like and I will keep you posted on the progress of this idea.



"Argue for your limitations,
and sure enough they're yours."
 
-- Richard Bach


How many times in my life have I argued for my limitations. I can't do that, it's impossible, I don't know how, and more. Then there have been probably at least twice as many times I've blamed others as a cause for my limitations. Maybe I'm conservative here, perhaps it was five times as often blaming others. After all, it isn't, wasn't, can't be my fault. After all, I'm only human. After all, I don't have a degree in that. After all, it's not my expertise. I was brought up to _______. Everyone in my family ____________. The government _________. The market _________. I can't afford it. I guess it wasn't meant to be. . .

Considering how many ways we may argue for our limitations, it is amazing we get anything done. Or maybe, it is just those things that we are sure we can do. Or maybe it is just plain luck. More limitations in disguise.

Having used all of these and a few hundred more, I still find myself arguing for my own limitations. The only difference today is that I have become critically aware of this tendency and exercise sufficient courage much of the time, to accept the notion that I am arguing and choose to release it for a better view of myself and my abilities. I praise with gusto this awareness. It gives me the opportunity to let go of being a victim and move forward.


"We Are Always Arguing For Either Our Limits Or Our Possibilities, And We Will Prove Whatever We Believe." -- Alan Cohen

Spread Some Joy Today--Let us argue for our possibilities today, and the joy that comes along for the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment