Friday, August 2, 2013

Daily Inspiration 8-2-13

Special Note To CTS Daily Inspiration Readers:

First of all, THANK YOU for being a reader and thank you for all the wonderful comments that I've received over the last four years.

It has been suggested by many people that I create a book out of the CTS Daily Inspirations. I had mixed feelings about this. As people have continued to make the suggestion of the book, I had an idea that I think would make this an interesting and unique book. If many of you who are readers, have been touched by one or more of the inspirational messages, wrote about what inspirations inspired you, encouraged change and growth and generally how they affected you in a positive uplifting way, I would gather these into what I think would be an interesting and powerful book. If you are interested, please send them to me in an email to tminion@commercialtrucksuccess.com. I will include this message for about one month so that all can see it. Feel free to send as many as you like and I will keep you posted on the progress of this idea.



"What comes out of you
when you are squeezed
is what is inside of you."
 
-- Dr. Wayne Dyer


This is a test. It is a test of who you really are, not the facade that you show around. This is a test of the real you. This is an opportunity to see and hear this aspect of yourself and then you have another opportunity to change if you don't like what you see and hear. You may be tested often.

When I saw this quote by Wayne Dyer, I didn't think much about it, but coming across it again sometime later, it makes more sense to me. That's because it is personal.

I'm being tested in many ways, and as I look back, I can see this has happened hundreds of times. Probably most often, I just got through it and then things became 'normal' again (whatever normal is. . .). And recently, I've been tested by being squeezed in ways I would not have imagined and I've seen what has come out.

Fortunately, this time, I am aware and having seen what I did not want to see and hear, have made a commitment to the practice of changing myself so that in the future when I am squeezed, I will see and hear that which I want and that which causes me to feel good about myself.

One thing I was sorely lacking in was patience. I now have a great deal more by practicing it and making it part of my life. I also have more faith and trust than I used to. There are more to come and more that I am working on, and the best of them is gratitude. Gratitude is one I have practiced in earnest for a long time now, and it amazes me how much more of it I can develop in my life and how much it benefits me and those around me as I do.

I can now see that I have had these tests and opportunities throughout my life and careers, and if I spent much time looking in the rear view mirror, I could get upset by how many of these I've blown off. Thankfully, I spend very little time looking there and am focusing on the only time I can do anything about, and that is now. I am grateful for the testing and the opportunity to do something about it.


It's Never Too Late To Learn, Change, And Grow.

Spread Some Joy Today--What is right and good in your world? Make a list. TODAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment