Thursday, May 9, 2013

Daily Inspiration 5-9-13

"We'll never be ready.
So I guess that means
we're as ready as we'll ever be."
 
-- Neal Shusterman


I know better, but I procrastinate so much. There are things I want to do and yet I think to myself that I don't know how to do it, I don't have the money, I don't have the talent, and the list drones on. I say I know better because so many of the things that I have begun were started on a whim, or an idea and without a grand plan.

I love this quote by Robert Brault which helps me: "Never act until you have clearly answered the question, What happens if I do nothing? What a wonderful question to answer when you're in the middle of procrastination. Then, there is a quote by Nicolas de Chamfort, which says, "Contemplation often makes life miserable. We should act more, think less, and stop watching ourselves live." Wise words, indeed.

I find that I have several projects that I want to do and keep putting them off. I'm too busy. I have so much going on already. You know the drill. Truth is, if you want something done, give it to a busy person. Every time I think I am busy, I think of President John Adams as told by David McCullough in the famous book, John Adams. When I read about him, I think I am a lazy person!

It's not about accomplishing things and seeing how many I can get done either. It is just passion for a certain thing and my not knowing exactly how to go about it perhaps, but I have to remind myself that the best way to begin is to begin. Otherwise, it will never get started.

So, I am beginning a new project without all the answers. In fact, I have very few answers, but I want to do it nonetheless. So I begin.


I Begin Right Now. I've Made Some Calls And I Am Moving Forward.

Spread Some Joy Today--How many things have you put off? Is today a good time to reconsider and begin anew?

No comments:

Post a Comment