Friday, May 24, 2013

Daily Inspiration 5-24-13

"It's deja vu all over again."
 
-- Yogi Berra


Did you ever go to a house that used to be yours and it hasn't been for some time and now you see it again? Maybe even go inside? It's weird. It's deja vu all over again as Yogi Berra said.

In late 1986 and through 1987, I and two partners owned a recording studio in an old bank building in Suisun City CA built in the 1920s that was and is owned by a local businessman that I knew. I worked at the Chevy dealership in town as a day job and the music when I could.

In the building, it still had the old counter and inside the counter area where desks would have been for the bank manager and other services, we built a rectangular building which became the sound room. You could crank up a guitar amp in there and barely hear anything outside the room.

There were two big bank vaults with huge thick doors and inside one of them, we made a drum booth with wires going up through the ceiling into the recording console area upstairs. The drummers I'm sure felt strange when we closed the door to do a recording session.

We left there in late 1987 and moved to a different location, and we turned the building back the way it was when we left. It later became a dance studio and probably other things.

Fast forward to 2011. I'm following a hair stylist from one place she worked to another and she told me she was in a new place a couple blocks away. I couldn't believe it when I saw that old bank building again transformed very nicely into a hair salon called the Knotty Hair Salon. Now inside the vaults is where you get your hair washed, and the whole place has been redone very nicely. It was deja vu all over again to see the place, have my hair cut there, my hair washed in the vault and more. It was almost hard to believe.

Within a few months the owner became a client and we built their website (www.knottyhairsalon.net), their blog, manage their social media and more and they've been a client since then and I still go there every two weeks. I can't help but have memories pop up here and there as I'm in that building. Some things come and never go away. They just change appearance.


All The More Reason To Never Burn Bridges. You Never Know When You'll Be Going Back Over It.

Spread Some Joy Today--Enjoy your journey wherever it takes you.

No comments:

Post a Comment