Thursday, May 16, 2013

Daily Inspiration 5-16-13

"Most of us need to be pushed
to the wall to make decisions."
 
-- Jim Rohn


How many times have I come to a point of decision--especially a life-changing decision--and paced back and forth, forth and back, gave it a lot of conflicting thought via my emotions, and then stayed the course I was on. I'm sure it doesn't happen to you. I'm sure I'm the only one who has a hard time changing direction, giving up what and where I'm at for the potential of something better. The key word there is, of course, potential.

I'm at that fork in the road again. One more time. It's a health decision I need to make and today I have made it. I've been pacing back and forth for a long time and reluctant to give up what I think brings me pleasure, when it is in reality only my ego feeding me chocolate covered lies one more time.

So, I was re-reading a short piece from one of my all time favorite teachers, mentors and guides: Jim Rohn. The piece is called The Four Emotions That Can Lead to Life Change. I've made this a clickable link in case you want to read it.

I like how he says, "Whatever you do, don't camp at the fork in the road. Decide. It's far better to make a wrong decision than to not make one at all." Great advice. I haven't just camped here. I built a house here. Time to let go and leave all that behind.

I am sure, as I have noted in the past, that once I get some momentum going down this new road, I will find that I won't miss anything about the part I left behind. In fact, it is true, and I think you'll all agree, that it is the forward focus on the desire that changes our lives more than being concerned about what was left behind that we often mistakenly call loss.


I've Already Made Some Calls And I'm On My Way Keeping My Eyes On The Goal.

Spread Some Joy Today--There is nothing so joyful as making a decision on something you've been putting off. The past doesn't matter. It is the decision and activity now that directs everything. Rock ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment