Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Daily Inspiration 11-9-11

Thought vs Action Controversy Week


"Success is living up to your potential. That's all.
Wake up with a smile and go after life. . .
Live it, enjoy it, taste it, smell it, feel it."

-- Joe Kapp


Here's a phrase that indicates a lot of sweaty effort: 'I gotta ______.' I gotta, I have to, I must, If I don't, are all a bunch of work. Whatever thought is involved is all related to some kind of fear.

Truth is, we don't gotta. Turn to thought instead with I wanna, or wouldn't it be nice if, I love ____, I have abundance all around me, I am blessed. That will change everything.

I just watched an interesting movie a couple nights ago called The Company Men. If you haven't seen it, the movie is about a large corporation downsizing and letting a lot of people go and how they dealt with that. If I had watched this just a few years ago, I would have been depressed plugging in to their all to currently related issues, but this time I watched it with a completely different attitude.

Anyway, there was a whole lot of 'I gotta,' going on in that movie. They weren't focused on what they had, but what they no longer had. The more they focused there, the angrier they got and the harder they tried to get it back, the further away it got.

What's really interesting is that I've found that same thing to be true in my life. And, it doesn't change for me significantly until I let go of that and get back into thoughts that are empowering. Once the thoughts are there, the results change and it all works as we might think it was meant to be.

Joe Kapp's quote above is a good way to look at thinking about life. Seek joy. I have found that the more I seek joy, the less anything at all worries me. In a world full of worries as in The Company Men and in our daily news, that is a wonderful place to be.

Here's a really positive thing to do to help invigorate your thinking. Create a love list. Here's an example:

I love a full tank of gas
I love the smell of wet concrete on a hot day
I love watching people play guitar
I love walking
I love listening to the birds around my house
I love feeling joy . . .

You can carry a little notebook and jot new ones down as you periodically look at your past entries to renew your spirits. It's fun and you might even find it interesting what makes the list.

Perhaps you can see that it is all about thought and the more positive thought, the less the effort, even to the point of effortless in action. With negative and fearful thinking, it is all about work, hard work, drudgery, things you have to do that you don't really want to do and more. Joy changes all that very quickly.



I Love Feeling More And More Joy! I'm A Joy Freak!


Spread Some Joy Today--Start your love list and start with at least 20 items. You'll find that you love a lot more about your life than you thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment