Monday, November 14, 2011

Daily Inspiration 11-14-11

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly
trying to make you something else
is the greatest accomplishment."

-- Ralph Waldo Emerson


A couple of days ago, I was talking with my business partner and we were discussing me and how some people react to me in a way that I find odd. I've heard it before and it's funny to me because I am not that way inside of myself. Finally after some discussion, I responded, 'It's not my problem. I'm being the best Terry Minion that I can be and that's all I can do.' As it came out, I thought it was an interesting phrase that I'm being the the best me I can be, and I felt good about it.

It puts me in the company of the likes of Bob Dylan, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Abraham Lincoln, Elvis Presley, and so many more. I am unique as they are. I am being the best that I can be as they are and were. I have just as much capability and opportunity as they (though I may have used mine differently). It is great company to be in.

It also puts me in the company of Mrs. Raney (one of my high school teachers), Dennis Pullman, Ed Blake, Art Johnson, and many others you've never heard of. They chose to just work on being the best they could be and let the rest fall away.

Some people have a lot of rules of the way we should behave and what to do and how to do it and what we should be, and that's all just leading us away from ourselves in pursuit of something we are not.

So many also have rules about what you should have accomplished. I am not what I have done. I am not what I have. They are not even indicators of where I am or should be on some scale that they made up. None of that matters really.

Here's what matters more to me: To be the best I can be day by day, whatever that is is okay. To love with all my heart as many people as I can. To encourage and assist people to be the best they can be and to love with all their heart. To be bold enough to try and do; to try new things that I didn't know I could do until I did them and not to be very concerned about where I am on the scale. As an example, I'm a musician and songwriter and am unique at that, and frankly don't care what it means to anyone else. It is an expression, not an expectation. And, to have fun and feel as good as I can feel, to see what I don't like as contrast that leads me to what I do like. To seek joy every day and to see how much joy I can experience. To share. To experience. To touch others and be touched. To live.



Happiness Is Being Selfish Enough To Choose.


Spread Some Joy Today--Forget about other people's expectations today. Just let it be. Enjoy your day. Choose fun thoughts. Send love mentally. That's cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment