Saturday, November 26, 2011

Daily Inspiration 11-26-11

"Sometimes, the people who stand in the way
and create obstacles are actually helping the most
because they confront you and force you to come up
with your best, enabling you to become a greater achiever."

-- Dr John Demartini


I've seen a number of instances where this is easy to see in someone else, but not nearly so easy to recognize in ourselves. Yet, I am committed to learning and I am learning more about this interesting issue of challenges from others. It seems to be more typical in people close to the person, than in strangers, or acquaintances.

One situation that I've dealt with for a long time, I've wanted to quit many times, and the longer that I deal with it, I find myself making use of all the studying I've been doing in the last few years and getting to put it into practice instead of just words.

It is enlightening to realize that I am making substantial progress and am learning by practice to respond rather than react and to have things bounce off rather than be absorbed. And, the most interesting thing to me is that I am finding myself grateful for the challenges because it makes me better, more focused, with greater confidence and poise, along with greater love and capacity to love.

It's the last part that makes it all worthwhile.



Anyone Can Love A Blessing, Yet Loving A Challenge Can Turn It Into A Blessing.


Spread Some Joy Today--When you perceive someone blocking you or challenging you, try seeing them as helping you instead. It will require practice, but the practice will be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment