Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Daily Inspiration 9-28-11

"Helplessness or hopelessness are like being a pinball in a pinball machine, being bounced from one circumstance to another, being flipped about as if everyone else has control of their lives while they seem to have none."

-- Terry Minion


 "Self-worth comes from one thing:
thinking you are worthy."

-- Wayne Dyer 
 

Sometimes I cannot seem to find a quote that helps me express a thought, so I make up my own. It's sort of fun!

This idea of being like a pinball in a pinball machine is something that helped me to understand what I was feeling like when I was acting powerless or hopeless from time to time by allowing me to see myself as the pinball in a grand view of how I was acting out those feelings. Depression is an easy place to get to via the freeway of powerlessness. I've been to all these destinations, some many times over the years, and I've found a way to never be the pinball again, or feel those terrible feelings.

When I thought of myself as the pinball and all of the trials and tribulations I might be going through as the bumpers and flippers of life, I really got the clear picture of how ridiculous it was to put myself in that position. I realized that I had choices that I could make and was often making choices that didn't serve me.

You know, in all of my study, I have found that it is the simplest things that are the most real and offer the most hope to change. One of them is this awesome quote by one of my early mentors, Wayne Dyer. He says, 'Self-worth comes from one thing: thinking that you are worthy.' That is so well said and so absolutely true. Feeling unworthy is rather easily turned around by DECIDING to feel worthy. It is simply, and effortlessly as decision of choice.

Another simple, effortless way is from another mentor, Anthony Robbins. He says that to make an immediate change, change your state. As he expanded, he says that to feel a certain way has certain physical characteristics, and when you change the physical characteristics, you change the feeling. (It's fascinating how the mind and body work together this way). So, you get up and move dramatically. Go run, go walk, climb Mt Everest, swim the channel, or at least one lap in the pool--anything, just move with enthusiasm!

Another simple, effortless way is another from Wayne Dyer: "It is impossible for you to be angry [or helpless, hopeless, depressed] and laugh at the same time. [They] are mutually exclusive and you have the power to choose either." This is what I love about getting around my business partner in person--he makes me laugh every time and we laugh together much. That is special and I recommend finding people like that and being around them as often as you need to. In addition to this, funny movies are great too, along with Comedy Central, funny YouTube or other channel videos, and more. Last night I watched a favorite, Down Periscope, and laughed all over again.

One more simple, effortless way is again from Wayne: "The last suit that you wear, you don't need any pockets." Great insight into what is important in life. IT'S LIFE! Everything else is trivial in comparison. When you're in the casket, does it matter to you how much money you had or how famous you were or how many problems you had? It just doesn't matter. What matters is feeling alive and living your life and having a ball doing it and having control, and the way to have control is by these simple, effortless things that makes you the pinball machine instead of the ball.



"You Cannot Always Control What Goes On Outside. But You Can Always Control What Goes On Inside."
-- Wayne Dyer

Spread Some Joy Today--If you are always happy and upbeat, you don't need today's inspiration. So, pass it along to someone who might benefit! There is joy in finding a way out of the maze.

No comments:

Post a Comment