Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Daily Inspiration 9-13-11

"Be master of your petty annoyances and
conserve your energies for the big, worthwhile things.
It isn't the mountain ahead that wears you out,
it's the grain of sand in your shoe."

-- Robert Service


I can't say about you, but sometimes my perspective runs amuck. I've been known to make mountains out of mole hills and worry about the silliest things. I've even said the wrong things at the wrong time, and made a fool of myself in the process.

There's just a couple of questions that I should endeavor to remember as often as I can. They are these:

1. If I only had six months to live, would any of this be important or troublesome?

2. If the person I'm talking to only had six months to live, would this change my attitude, demeanor or words right now?

It's not about letting go of what is important in our lives, or what we want or how we want it, but about being reasonable. Having six months to live makes life more reasonable in so many ways.



In My Gratitude, Let Me Count The Ways. . .


Spread Some Joy Today--Said anything foolish lately? Hmmm. Could be a sign. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment