Sunday, March 20, 2011

Daily Inspiration 3-20-11

"To be conscious that you are ignorant
is a great step to knowledge."

-- Benjamin Disraeli


"When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly
stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was
astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years."

-- Mark Twain


As I glanced at the quote above from Benjamin Disraeli, I laughed thinking of myself when I was young and ignorant thinking that most adults just didn't have a clue. It also reminded me of the Mark Twain quote. But, you know, it doesn't change at 21, does it? I've been ignorant all my life and still am in a lot of ways. The big difference from being a naive youngster and now is that I am conscious of my ignorance, and even so brave as to admit it openly. Indeed, that is a big difference, isn't it?

Today, I am very clear about the vastness of my ignorance, and at the same time, I am more confident than ever of that which I know. Interesting. . .


 
My Ignorance Is Such An Opportunity; However, I Have No Particular Need To Know Everything.


Spread Some Joy Today--Any time you feel love for someone today, make sure and let them know it. It might matter to both of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment