Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Daily Inspiration 3-16-11

"It is not the critic that counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, and comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement. And at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."

-- Theodore Roosevelt


This very famous quote by Teddy Roosevelt is in my list of top ten quotes. I used to look at it and think of some person who became famous by going through. I never thought about me in it. I guess I never thought that it applied in my life since my risks were relative and somewhat calculated, and indeed, so many of them had an exit strategy which is a sure sign of limited risk.

That has changed. Now I get what Teddy was saying and it applies in my life of late and it is interesting to look at it now in such a different light.

I was with my main partner in our 3 year old business today calling on some clients a distance away. Today (yesterday, as you read this) was the 3rd anniversary as he reminded me of his decision to accept my offer and we came together as equal partners. We had a plan. Then we had plan B, C, D, E and made up some more. We have adjusted and tested and experimented and have had successes and a few of those other things. It has been an interesting journey thus far and the truth is that we are yet in the middle of it somewhere.

After he reminded me of this momentous date, I realized and stated that we are both more committed and more enthusiastic, more energized and even thrilled today than we were in the beginning, and the progress is clear and growth is evident.

What is more important to me is the change in thinking that has taken place in me. I now know what it is to risk greatly; however, the change in thinking means that I don't look on it as risk, but just a journey of joy and learning and growth. I don't stress over anything and just keep moving by putting one foot in front of the other again and again, and we both are doing it along with our team. It is very exciting.

What is also interesting is that success is assured by all of that, for the doing of it is the success.



Risk And Reward Have An Interesting Relationship.


Spread Some Joy Today--Risk copious praise on many TODAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment