Sunday, February 6, 2011

Daily Inspirations 2-6-11

"If you believe that feeling bad or worrying long enough
will change a past or future event, then you are residing
on another planet with a different reality system."

-- William James


"The one thing over which you have absolute control
is your thoughts. It is this that puts you in a
position to control your own destiny."

-- Paul G Thomas



I've learned well and I know that my thinking controls my life and that I am the only one in control of my thinking. That is, of course, when I am paying attention to what I am thinking, and especially paying attention to what is coming out of my mouth. Often, although less often all the time, I will hear something come out of my mouth in conversation that is counterproductive to what I am wanting. You know, it's that pugnacious reality. . . always ready for a fight to keep us in its control.

Here's the other thing that I've learned that is equally important: you can't fight reality and win on a regular basis. All fighting with it does is create more reality to deal with. But there is a way. I must adopt the reality that I want by imagining it, while finding the best aspects of the current reality.

Okay, it might sound like gibberish (like that word. . .), so the best way to say it is to say, BE HAPPY. Find a way to be happy. Don't like my job? Find what I do like about it. Make a list all the while knowing that I may not be experiencing it much longer. We have the power to think differently and as we do so, we change our attitude about what we are doing. This doesn't mean we let go of our goals, or dreams, but is more like enjoying the journey. As we give attention to what we don't like, we get more of that and it will continually hold us back day after day after week after month.

Even if it is something that you acknowledge that you hate, you can change your thinking if you are willing. I borrowed one method from Anthony Robbins. It goes like this: ask yourself the question, "I was saying that I couldn't find anything to like about what I am doing, but if I could think of something, what might some of those things be? Then start writing.

If I was broke, I would find things to like about that. If I was out of a job, I would find the positive aspects of that. Or, any change we may go through can be turned positive by changing our thoughts about it by turning away from the negative thoughts that keep us tied so closely to the problems, and focusing on what is good, positive, right, feels good and so on which releases us from those problems.

Accept reality or create the one we want. It's totally our own choice.




Reality Isn't All It's Made Up To Be . . .


Spread Some Joy Today--don't worry, be happy. Literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment