Sunday, February 13, 2011

Daily Inspiration 2-13-11

"The high destiny of the individual
is to serve rather than to rule. . ."

-- Albert Einstein



In Mark 10:44, the Bible says, "And whosoever of you will be chiefest, shall be servant of all." Paul D Moody said that "The measure of a man is . . . in the number of people whom he serves." I used to say I got that, but I didn't really. I even used to repeat such things from time to time. It didn't change the fact that I didn't really get it.

I think I get it now. In fact, it seems to me to be an apt definition of success. I've always disliked the idea that success has money attached to it, for if that were true then Mother Teresa would have to be classified as a failure, and that makes no sense whatsoever. It is exactly the opposite and when you consider the sheer volume served in one way or another, she is a success superstar.

At the same time, serving others can also earn a great deal of money. An easy example is the iPhone, serving untold millions as we speak, and waiting in lines to get the latest model. It can be done out in the open under the spotlight as the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, or off the public radar as the best school teacher you ever had.

There is so many ways (millions at least) to serve, and serving is ultimately among the most rewarding things we can possibly do. It is indeed the high destiny of the individual.



"Everybody Has To Be Somebody To Somebody To Be Anybody." -- Malcolm S Forbes


Spread Some Joy Today--focus on the service and the joy follows very closely.

No comments:

Post a Comment