Friday, February 4, 2011

Daily Inspiration 2-4-11

"It is literally true that you can succeed best
and quickest by helping others to succeed."

-- Napoleon Hill



Almost 37 years ago, I can remember hearing Zig Ziglar say, "you can have everything that you want, if you will help enough other people get what they want." Helping others to be more successful is an excellent strategy that provides far greater rewards than money as well as your own success.

In the last 20 years, I have worked with a lot of truck dealers, truck body companies, truck manufacturers, and in every instance I have done my best to instill an atmosphere of cooperation rather than that of competition; of sharing of information and resources, rather than hiding them. I do admit to a good amount of progress and that is very rewarding because I see how it helps them all be more successful as a result of that attitude or philosophy.

When that "information or inventory is my value" attitude is released, it is amazing how many ways one can partner with previously acknowledged and feared competitors. Watching some of these companies readily trade inventory with each other helps each of them to have more because it increases their inventory while not their costs. What a great deal.

In addition, sending prospects to one another can be of equal benefit. For example, when working for a Chevy truck dealer, I've sent prospects to Ford dealer that I know because there was no way I could be of service to the prospect, but I know who could and trusted them, and so the prospect gets taken care of and my friend makes a sale and I feel good taking care of the client--just like Miracle on 34th Street when the Macy's people sent clients they couldn't help to Gimble's. It worked well then and works well now too.

I've also seen how that philosophy rubs off on those who are paying a little attention. There is so much more to come from partnering with others than competing with them. We do it now in our Internet business. We have no competition, but there is no way that we do everything and we refer people to others all the time who can help the prospect.

One last thing about this is to never put the other guy down. This may take some practice if you're really into the competitive thing, but if you can't say something good, it is best to say nothing at all. Everyone deserves success and the more people I can help be more successful, is a guarantee that I will be as well. It works.



We Are All Can Help Each Other And Ourselves Too.


Spread Some Joy Today--See what you can do for someone else today to help them. You may get hooked on the good feelings that come from doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment