Monday, November 22, 2010

Daily Inspiration 11-22-10

"Be thankful we're not getting all
the government we're paying for."

-- Will Rogers


"I'm thankful for laughter,
except when milk comes out of my nose."

-- Woody Allen


I'm so thankful for laughter. One of the best places to create laughter is YouTube. I don't go there every day, but certainly every week. People send me snipits from YouTube of funny things like the best clips from the TV show Home Improvements, and other truly funny things. It is a joy to watch them, and in that couple of minutes, I completely forget about anything in my life that is not going exactly how I would want it to go. I forget about everything except the funny video in front of me. Then, I want to watch a few more, and so laugh all the more.

I love being around people who make me laugh. It takes away any potential stress from the moment and it is a universal joy. Bob Newhart says, "Laughter gives us distance. It allows us to step back from an event, deal with it and then move on." What great advice. Sometimes I get too serious and there is only one cure: laughter.


"Laughter Is An Instant Vacation." - Milton Berle


Spread Some Joy Today--What could be more joyous than helping others to laugh? It's a great way to spread some joy today.

No comments:

Post a Comment