Friday, November 12, 2010

Daily Inspiration 11-12-10

"Self-worth comes from one thing:
thinking that you are worthy."

-- Wayne Dyer


"Love is the ability and willingness to allow those
that you care for to be what they choose for themselves
without any insistence that they satisfy you."

-- Wayne Dyer


I started reading Wayne Dyer back when he published Pulling Your Own Strings. Of all that I read and learned, one of his quotes stuck with me ever since and it is the second quote above about love. This quote is about unconditional love, where you can love people but not need to be with them all the time, approve or disapprove of what they do or don't do, how they choose to live their lives, how many times they screw up and ask for help yet again, or any other condition. You just love them and it is okay. It is Godly love to me and the only love that matters to me.

The top quote may not look like it at first, but it is so closely tied to the second that it is funny to think they could be apart. It is pretty hard to love in any way, shape or form, let alone unconditionally, if we don't love ourselves first.

I used to hear that and even would repeat it, that we really can't love others without loving ourselves. The trouble was that I didn't actually feel it. I didn't feel worthy. There's a million ways we can adopt that attitude, but the good news is that it only really takes a decision by ourselves to overcome all of that and allow ourselves to be worthy.

So, for many years now, I have been a practicing unconditional lover and practicing selfish love as well. And, practice is the key--for me, at least. It is in the practice, that I become good at it, better at it, until eventually, I hope to be perfect at it. It seems to me to be one of the most worthwhile endeavors of my entire life and also worthy of a lifetime of practice.

What do you think? Wouldn't it be so cool, if we all practiced?



To Love Is To Allow Without Judgement.


Spread Some Joy Today--Become a practicing lover and your own best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment