Friday, November 6, 2009

Daily Inspiration 11-6-09

"Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on
of an uncompleted task."

- William James

You can probably relate to the quote above. It is torture to keep a thing on your 'to-do' list that doesn't seem to get done. Maybe we don't have the resources just yet, or maybe you need someone else's help and don't know how to get that. It could be a hundred things and combination of things, yet the uncompleted task is still there. It is draining our energy.

I've tried very hard once I learned the value of it, to keep a to-do list. I even created my own design in a spiral bound booklet. They work very well when I remember to fill it in, which is about 80% of the time. I love checking them off when they are done.

Nowadays, I have so many more things going on that the task list doesn't get completed very well in many cases and that drags on you, putting the uncompleted task on the next day and the next. What to do?

Found a solution. Tested it. Love it. Problem solved. Here it is in case it can help you as well:

I have a list of things to do that has 20 spaces. At midway, I take a marking pen and draw a line after number 10. In the margin on the left, at the upper section, I write, "me," and on the lower section, I write, "the Universe."

So, here's the deal. I give all the hardest problems like ones I don't have a clue how to deal with, ones that are currently beyond my capability or knowledge, etc. to the Universe to handle. The rest of them (the easy ones), I give to myself to handle.

I started this just over a month ago and I tell you that this is one powerful solution, and here's the best part: IT WORKS LIKE MAGIC! Now, there is one key to this solution: You have to let go of the problem or task. You have to let the Universe take charge of it and you stay out of it. Just watch in amazement how the Universe will find ways to make things happen, attract things you need, change attitudes and much, much more. It blows my mind how cool this is--AND, how much more relaxed I am in comparison.

I recommend that you try it for yourself. Get a to-do list pad or day planner and draw the line in bold color halfway down the page, then mark them as indicated above. I do about a month ahead of time. Then, start assigning your toughest issues to the Universe.

Many times it is a person I am not sure how to improve a relationship with or I am having issues with. Maybe it is a boss, a co-worker, a spouse, etc. I just write their first name in the space. Or maybe it is your finances. I just write, "our finances," or something like that. It's like saying, "Universe, you have everything needed, you know every situation, I'm giving this issue to you for your perfect resolution."

Now, don't get impatient with the Universe. It has its own time frame and methods. Once you let it go, you have to let it alone. You can watch with interest, but not with anxiousness. You have to really let it go.

Of course, for those of you who are inclined, you certainly may substitute the word, "God," for the word, "Universe." Call it as you deem appropriate.

That's it. Now you can get on with your busier life with a coolness that you've been missing. Now you've got the power of the Universe working for you.

How cool is that?


I Don't Need To Do Everything. I've Got Help!

Spread Some Joy Today--It Is Compliment The Office People Day. If You're An Office People, Please Compliment Yourself. You Deserve The Praise!

No comments:

Post a Comment