Monday, November 23, 2009

Daily Inspiration 11-23-09

"Obstacles cannot crush me. Every obstacle yields to stern resolve.
He who is fixed to a star does not change his mind."

-- Leonardo da Vinci

When I think of Leonardo da Vinci and all the things he designed, painted, sculpted, and accomplished, I never think of him as even considering obstacles or even needing persistence. Isn't that just the way when you're looking back hundreds of years, or even last year or last month, you don't see the actual doing, but just the results, whatever they may be.

If Leonardo had obstacles, that makes me feel so much better because my obstacles seem so puny in comparison. I've heard it said that you get 20 people in a dark room and give someone your biggest problems and a half hour later, everyone is scrambling to get their original problems back. We pump them up, but there is a lot of air in our problems.

The good news, as with Leonardo, is that a stern resolve to stay focused on what it is you really want to accomplish will eventually overcome any and all obstacles. Then, as we have done so many times in the past, we can look back and laugh at what we thought were obstacles. Or, even better, we may not even recognize any obstacles.

I'm all for that!


I'm An Obstacle Crusher, An Obstacle Crusher . . . Watching Them Go By, My Oh My!

Spread Some Joy Today--Let's Just Go Crush A Few Obstacles Today. Let's Rumble!

No comments:

Post a Comment