Saturday, March 7, 2020

Daily Inspiration 3-7-20

"Today would be a perfect day 
to have a perfect day." 

-- Alan Cohen 



New: Audio version

[Classic post from 10-24-15]

Yesterday, I was out doing some errands. It was a beautiful day. I was feeling good. Charlie was enjoying himself riding along. Traffic was typical for a Friday afternoon, yet I was generally unaffected by the congestion. The freeway was gridlock going east which is normal for a Friday afternoon, so I took surface streets to get across town. It takes longer, but not on Friday, and there is more scenery anyway.

I dealt with several people of widely varied ages during the trip and most were amazed at how happy I was. The bank, the grocery store, the pet store, they were all not so happy, yet cordial. The grocery store lady was probably in her 50s and she said she would be happy after this day was over because it has been a long one, the bank girl in her 20s was so looking forward to the weekend. The pet store girl in her 30s would soon be off shift and would be feeling better soon.

I've mentioned these kinds of scenarios before, but as I was talking with the bank manager who asked me about the weekend ahead, I said, 'I don't look forward to weekends anymore. I think it is because I have so much freedom in my life now that I just enjoy every day.' Then this morning as I am writing this, I think that I am living more in the moment than I ever have before.

I love how Abraham, Esther Hicks explains it: "Your life is right now! It's not later! It's not in that time of retirement. It's not when the lover gets here. It's not when you've moved into the new house. It's not when you get the better job. Your life is right now. It will always be right now. You might as well decide to start enjoying your life right now, because it's not ever going to get better than right now--until it gets better right now!" 

It's wonderful to eagerly anticipate something coming into our lives, but it is the full enjoyment of what is already in our lives at this very moment that is our life being enjoyed. 

I was looking at an article I wrote for the current issue of a magazine called, Prime Time Living, a magazine focused on seniors, where I asked, "When is my prime? Right now." I'll share just the first paragraph with you: "I've heard people say, "He was in his prime." By who's definition is that? Most likely it wasn't the person they were referring to. Eckhart Tolle reminds us, "The only place you can ever encounter the future, is in your head," and "Nothing can ever happen in the past. It can only happen now." So, when is my prime? Right now. This moment. No 'he was' or 'she was' or 'he will be,' or 'she will be.' There is only now, so the only time there could ever be prime is now."

I can remember living like the people I interacted with yesterday, and I am certain that one of the best changes in my life has been learning to or rather, allowing myself to enjoy the moments without needing or wanting them to be something else. All of us live in the moment. That is when life is for all of us. As we learn to enjoy these moments rather than wishing we were somewhere else, the more joy we experience, and the more we have the life we want.


Your Value Is Unquestionable. Your Purpose Is To Experience Life. All The Rest Is Variable, And Completely Under The Realm Of Our Own Choosing, Moment By Moment. 

Spread Some Joy Today--Yes. Today seems right.

No comments:

Post a Comment