Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Daily Inspiration 3-17-20

"The best way to predict the future 
is to create it." 

-- Abraham Lincoln 



New: Audio version

[Classic post from 11-4-15]

Alan Cohen told a story in one of his Wisdom for Today emails of he and a friend eating at a Chinese restaurant, and at the end of the meal, they opened their fortune cookies and were both disappointed in their fortune. So he requested the waitress give them another because they didn't like their fortunes. The waitress brought a bowl of fortune cookies and Alan and his friend opened the cookies until they both found a fortune that they wanted and liked.

He added in the message, "When it comes to establishing your future, you can take what you are offered by others, or you can call unto you what you choose. If you like what you have before you, then bless it and enjoy it; if not, you have every right--and responsibility--to make for a new selection."

That reminds me of asking children, "what do you want to be when you grow up?" With rare exception, I would imagine the answer to change often. This year its a fireman, next year a nurse or doctor, then a rock star. Of course, we could ask that question at any age. And, I don't know about you, but at 66, I'm still wondering what I will be when I grow up.

The good news is that I get to choose. As Abraham, Esther Hicks likes to say, "I don't need to figure that out this red-hot minute. I'll figure it out as I go along." Which is what we all most likely do. We figure it out as we go along. I'm figuring it out as I go along. Today, I'm doing this, and tomorrow, I might do something different. I might up and make a dramatic change, or maybe just a little tweak here and there. It doesn't matter. I get to choose my fortune from a huge bowl of fortune cookies. 

Abraham, Esther Hicks adds to this idea: "Is it reality, or is it not reality? All things are reality. Even if only one is imagining it, it is a reality in that the thought has been offered and someone, who has the ability to translate that vibration, will perceive it. It must be fair to say that anything that can be perceived must be reality. Because, as creators, your reality depends upon what you are willing to imagine and allow."

We live in a world of contrast, and although that is a good thing because it helps us to know what we want or what we prefer, but it can sometimes be confusing. Ultimately, we all have the same experience of getting to choose. With billions of us on the planet today, there are potentially billions of choices. Whatever they are is cool. If it's cool with you. If it isn't; if contrast has caused you to want something else, then we each have the power to choose a new, better-feeling reality.


I Delight In Our Ability To Choose At Will. 

Spread Some Joy Today--by choosing to feel the joy that is within you.

No comments:

Post a Comment