Friday, November 15, 2019

Daily Inspiration 11-15-19

"A friend is someone 
who knows the song in your heart, 
and can sing it back to you 
when you have forgotten the words." 

-- Donna Roberts 



New: Audio version

[Classic post from 6-26-15]

Yes! Having this kind of friend is among life's greatest gifts. That's the kind of friend I want to be. I want to be an uplifter, a reminder of self-value, an encouraging influence.

I don't want to be the kind of friend who commiserates, one that allows you to feel sorry for yourself in front of me. I don't want to sympathize with you or blame others on your behalf. I don't want to discuss the problem or problems over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. I don't want to be that kind of friend. I don't want to feel bad along with you or about you.

I want to sing your joy back to you. I want to talk about all that you are and all that you are going to be. I want to boost and bolster you. I want to strengthen you, reassure and reinforce you. I want to lift you up, and never fail to recognize an opportunity to root for you, smile upon you, and pull for you.

I know who you are and I want to remind you of who you are. You are more powerful than you know. You are more in charge than you think. You have more love than you realize. You have more abundance than you acknowledge.

I want to be a friend. A real friend. Even to people I have never met in person. I have chosen this on purpose. It is what I want. This is what I am.


I Am A Friend. I Am Your Friend. I Love You. 

Spread Some Joy Today--by singing your joy within you, then sending it out to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment