Sunday, March 17, 2019

Daily Inspiration 3-17-19

"Let me never fall 
into the vulgar mistake 
of dreaming that I am persecuted 
whenever I am contradicted." 

-- Ralph Waldo Emerson 



[Classic post from 12-6-16]

What would our world be like if we all said what was on our mind and heard what others said about us from their mind, and it was all accepted and presented in the best possible perspective? Wouldn't that be interesting? Perhaps fascinating is a better word.

It seems, at least from my own perspective, that it is far easier for me to criticize others than it is to receive criticism. I know what I like and I can easily discern what I don't like, and speaking it isn't so far from thinking it, yet at least 95% of the time--okay, maybe 85% of the time, I keep it to myself for fear of serving the other what they might consider poison. Even though it is the truth. But, I have learned that truth is a relative term. It's supposed to be solid and real, but it's not.

Seth Godin in one of his recent blog posts said it nicely:

"The other person is always right. Always right about feelings. About the day he just experienced. About the fears (appropriate and ill-founded) in his life. About the narrative going on, unspoken, in his head. About what he likes and what he dislikes. You'll need to travel to this place of 'right' before you have any chance at all of actual communication." 

Of course, what he didn't say is that they are us, as we are them. Yet, realizing this can open our mind to consider the other point of view, and perhaps even understand more of their reasoning and perspective. Maybe it will give us pause for just long enough to feel for them before we express our own feelings.

It is always up to us whether we will speak from our mind with our past experiences, our ego with its self-preservation perspective, or our heart. As we express through our mouth the love that is in our heart, we will always speak the real truth, and as this is received by us in this same intention, we feel the real truth. And both are under our full control.


Communication Is Always Enhanced As Our Intention Is Always Love.

Spread Some Joy Today--by speaking the truth of your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment