Saturday, June 4, 2016

Daily Inspiration 6-4-16

"Yesterday I couldn't spell it, 
and today I are one." 

-- Terry Minion 



I used to say the phrase above a lot. I think it mainly has to do with doing things or making changes that you weren't sure could be done, and then, after a time, and seemingly all of a sudden, you're there. Obviously, there was a journey, but you might not have even thought of it as that--or, maybe you just forgot about the journey and didn't realize that you were on one. It's kind of a silly phrase, yet I've found it true enough.

Somewhere in late 2007 to early 2008, I found Abraham and Esther and Jerry Hicks. One of the phrases that stuck with me that Abraham said would help anyone who desired a better life to actually have one, was this one, which I printed out and put on my wall so that I would be reminded often: 

"Today, no matter where I'm going and no matter what I am doing, it is my dominant intent to see that which I am wanting to see." 

Here's a slightly modified version (in bold) I just read from one of their posts that adds just a bit of clarity. Here's the whole post from a workshop in Albuquerque, NM on May 9th, 1999:

 "Milk every moment for all the pleasure you can get from it. When you say, "It is my dominant intent to look for things that feel good today. No matter where I'm going, no matter what I'm doing, no matter who I'm doing it with, it is my dominant intent to look for what I'm wanting to see, to look for things that feel good," and the more you develop the habit of that kind of vibration--the more the Universe understands that that's who you are! And so, the more you have access only to those kinds of things!" 

As I read that, I thought, "I am that now!" I don't even think about it anymore. It is habitual now. I just look for what I want to see. As my eyes scan the things around me I may be going through, I see what I want to see and the things that I don't want to see just fly by. In other words, I focus on what I want to see while the rest is out of focus, like one of those photographs where you see one image clearly, and the rest of the image is blurred.

I also realize that Abraham was spot on. As I do that all day, every day, wherever I am, wherever I am going, whomever I am with or in the presence of, I feel good, with spurts of joy, even some laughter as I realize what I am feeling and seeing, most often with a smile so full that feels like my whole body is smiling.

These are just normal days. You could say, "nothing special," but what is more accurate is that everything is special. It is simply a choice. I took to heart the affirmation about seeing what I want to see, and feeling good as the worthy goals, and they came to pass consciously with that choice to put it into joyful action. And, what is even better than I expected, the affirmation is now me--it is on auto-pilot. It is unconsciously working, and I feel it in my life every single day.

So, I offer you this: Assuming you might enjoy such a thing as seeing what you want to see and feeling good every day, I invite you to write down the affirmation, read it often, and when you feel ready to act on it, begin doing it consciously, or on purpose. Then pay attention to what happens. It won't take very long, and I predict you will have found a whole new way of looking at life, and experiencing your life.


I Have. There's Enough For Everyone. 

Spread Some Joy Today--by looking for joy and sharing your joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment