Monday, June 27, 2016

Daily Inspiration 6-27-16

"Who's in charge here?" 

-- Common phrase 



But, I don't need to ask, 'who's in charge here?' because I know who's in charge. Me.

Who's in charge of what I feel? That would be me. Who's in charge of what I think? Me again. Who's in charge of what I see? Hmmmm, me. Who's in charge of what I do? Me. Who's in charge of my life experience? That would be me. I'm in charge of me. I'm in charge of all of that. All of it.

I had an interesting evening yesterday. You know I love movies, and the ones I really like, I like to see again and again. I watch at least one pretty much every evening; however, I'm picky. I want to laugh. I want to cry happy tears of triumph and joy. So I like romantic comedies best. Chick-flicks is what I think some call them. I must be soothing my inner chick. I like other movies too, but laughing and joyful tears are always the most satisfying.

Yesterday, after waiting for the movie, Joy to be released, and then waiting for it to cool off so Netflix would send it to me, it arrived. It's purported to be a happy ending of overcoming the odds. But, about 15 minutes of it was all I could stand. The seriously dysfunctional family the heroine was involved with, even at an age normally gone and on her own was sheer torture for me to watch. Great actors played the parts, but their craziness took me places I didn't want to go. It reminded me of some of my own family's craziness which I escaped from finally at age 20. But, it was more than that.

To be fair, there were other factors in play. One of which was a book that I read the day before. I committed myself to finish it, but I could have easily put it down after about ten pages. And last evening, I found myself feeling crappy. It could have easily developed into a depressed state had I allowed that. And, I used to at one time. So, I went to bed a few hours early and let go of my consciousness for a while.

Why do I bother saying any of this? I say it to show who's in charge. It wasn't the movie or the book. It was me. The movie and the book were merely an influence and I chose how to be influenced, partly from some old memories, and partly from my desire for joy now. I was in charge of how I felt. I was in charge of what I was thinking. I was in charge of the remote control. I was in charge of paying attention, and also in charge of letting it go. I am in charge of what I see. I am in charge of what I do. I am in charge of my life experience and what I choose to experience, and what I choose to no longer experience. In other words, I am in charge of everything.

And, you know, I love being in charge, or rather, being aware that I am in charge. I love having accepted being in charge. I love periodically starting sentences, and even paragraphs with the word, 'and.' I love thwarting the naysayers from time to time, just for the fun of it. Much of my life was learning how to be in charge, when all along, I had the power already. It wasn't until later that I realized this and accepted the charge.

I like how Abraham, Esther Hicks says it: "Once you are in control of the way you feel, you will enjoy it all: You will enjoy the sensation of your conscious awareness when you are not a vibrational match to your own desire--and you will enjoy the sensation of deliberately bringing yourself back into vibrational alignment with your desire." That is exactly what I did last evening. I was out of alignment where my desire was not a vibrational match to what I was experiencing, and I purposely chose to regain my alignment. This morning, I am back in joy.


Moving In And Choosing The Rhythm In My Life. 

Spread Some Joy Today--by remembering that you are joy within. Allow it out as you desire, and spread it about by only experiencing your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment