Saturday, June 25, 2016

Daily Inspiration 6-25-16

"Find perfection 
in what is 
rather than 
what will be." 

-- Alan Cohen 



I absolutely love this quote because I think that it states the simplest path to well-being and joy. 

Someone might say, "well, I'm broke, have loads of obligations and I don't see anything even approaching perfection in that," or some other of the millions of versions of pointing out what-is as being completely undesirable. Yet, I've come to realize through experience that regardless of how it may seem, there is benefit in there somewhere. One might even say, there is benefit in there or you wouldn't be experiencing it.

There's a deeply insightful and popular quote by Abraham Lincoln where he says, "I don't like that man. I'll have to get to know him better." Find the perfection in that man, what's good about that man, what is likable about him. We all have initial judgments about things and people that cross our paths. That is perfectly normal behavior, and often it cannot even be helped as it is pretty much automatic; however, we need not linger there more than a moment. There is plenty more to see as we allow ourselves to look around some. And, I think we will find some amazing things there as well.

There are a lot of lessons, or benefits that come from being broke. When we allow that openness to what they may be, being broke will lose its hold on us.

The real benefit is accepting and owning our experience. Whatever we are experiencing, we have ordered it in one way or another. The Law of Attraction is unwaveringly fair to all. It is no respecter of persons, only thoughts and feelings. It responds to negative as easily and efficiently as positives. So each experience then, if accepted as if we ordered it on purpose (though we may have not been paying attention), is perfect. It is a creation of our own making. We may be blinded to how that could be possible with our "things just happen to me without my wanting them" thinking. I like how Jim Rohn said it: "Things don't just happen, they happen just."

Without accepting the responsibility for the experience, it is far more difficult to find any perfection in it. By accepting responsibility for the creation, it is pretty easy to see the benefits, the perfection. It's also easier to see how all this perfection is in play by looking at the rearview mirror. Realizing this now, I can easily see how I created everything, naming some of them good and some of them bad. We each get to name them since each is our creation. Is there benefit or perfection in bad? Absolutely. Bad is just a name with a feeling attached to it. We're in charge of all of that and can change it at will.

There's a popular question from years back, and a book as I recall, "why do bad things happen to good people?" Yet, in all fairness, it works the other way too: "Why do good things happen to bad people?" Those are all just labels mixed with thoughts and feelings. I've had bad things happen to me too. I don't say it like that anymore, nor do I question any more why bad things would happen to me, because I can clearly see how I created it all. I can see now how I held on to it for how long I held on to it. I can now see how I might even do it over and over again thinking that the same thinking could work to change it. As Einstein said and I paraphrase, the thinking that created the problem will not solve the problem, as it will require solution thinking not problem thinking to find the solution.

In other words, finding the perfection in what-is, allows me to move beyond what-is. Whereas, blaming what-is, keeps me in what-is. The key to the transition is accepting our creative powers, and not looking outside for someone or something to blame.


Seek The Perfection In Your Own Creation. 

Spread Some Joy Today--because you're loving your life and living your love. Joy is love. Love is joy. Loving is spreading joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment